Thursday, September 25, 2008

The World Is Small

I am ready to go to bed, but I just had a really cool Skype experience.  I was able to connect with my sister and brother-in-law and see my niece Soraya and my nephew Najib for the first time in a month.  I then got to see my mom via Skype at my other sister's house.  I have been skyping now for about 2 hours and it's been so cool.  The best part was when I was talking to Felipe, he was telling me his sister, Fefi, in Spain was having problems with downloading Skype.  So, what did we do?  He instant messaged her, while I sent her Skype as an email.  Felipe and Naomi helped Fefi download it by giving instructions over the phone and through instant messanging, and within two minutes I called her using Skype in Spain and saw her, and then we did a conference call among us all!  So, here I am on the African continent, Fefi on the Iberian peninsula in Europe, and Naomi & Felipe in North America, and we were all talking together...for FREE!!!!  Some things in life are truly amazing!

4 comments:

Chris W said...

Eli,
I am so excited for you! what an adventure! You truly just have to trust in a higher power and go with the flow don't you? Hope to see you bi Libnan this summer! Nice negotiation of your work week by the way......
Lots of love from plain old Lansing,
Chrissy

Aunt Linda said...

Hi Elias,
I'm at your Mom's house and just saw your blog...how cool! The pictures are beautiful! I just bought a webcam and we will try to Skype you next week. Have fun traveling this weekend.
Love,
Aunt Linda

~Nelly~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Nelly~ said...

Khalou,
Look at you creating a blog, I swear your like a Celebrity now. Everyone can read about your life.... love it!!! love you stay safe ttys!
~Nelly~